Once the invoice is issued, your clients on the project will be able to access it.
They will be able to view it by email (if you choose to send them an email), or within the site.
Sending the invoice by email
When you are creating or editing an invoice, you will be able to send an email to the client or clients on the project.
- Select the client's name from the "Issued To" dropdown, or select "All Clients" if you have multiple clients and want to email all of them.
- Check the option to "Send by email"
- The email will be sent when you click the "Issue Invoice" option. If you "Save as draft", no notification will be sent.
- All relevant information, including due dates, line items, notes, and files will be included in the email notification. Files that are attached to the invoice will be sent as a direct attachment on the email. A link to the invoice within the site is also included for convenience.
- With the email notification, your clients won't even need to log into CoConstruct to know how much to pay you and by when. If they do have questions or other notes, though, they can simply hit "Reply" to their email and their message will be posted as a new comment for your team on the Messages page.
- If you return to an issued invoice, make edits, and save, with that "Send by email" checkbox marked, you will be asked whether you want to send your clients an updated invoice. You can select "No" if you want to save your changes without notifying the clients.
Viewing the invoice in the site
While working on a draft invoice, your clients will not have any visibility to the invoice.
In draft status, however, you can see a preview of how the invoice will appear for your clients. Simply click the "Preview" option on the draft invoice screen to save your draft and get a sneak peek of the final product.
Once the invoice is issued, all clients will be able to view the document in much the same way that your team does.
You can see what your clients see for any invoices that have already been issued by using the "Preview Client Side" option.
- Navigate within the project to Financials and select the "Invoices" tab.
- The list of visible invoices for your clients will include any issued or voided invoices. Draft or deleted invoices will not be visible.
- Your clients can see the same information as you, but do not have menu options to make changes or edits, and do not see the QuickBooks syncing status.
- Clicking into any invoice will show them the document with all of the details, notes, files, etc.
Note that while an invoice may be issued to one specific client, all clients, or nobody, any client who has login access to the project will be able to see the invoice from the Financials area. The "issued to" setting only controls which clients receive email notifications and which client names are listed on the invoice.