Note: Client login access is only available on CoConstruct's Plus plan. Core and Standard accounts are enabled to give clients email-only access.
When to add your clients?
A Prospect project is a great tool to use to get your client added early during the sales process so they can quickly see the value in your online program. By making sure that your clients understand the need for a solution, and then showing them that you have the answers, you’ll leave them wondering just how rough it would have been to build with the guy down the street. While there is no “set” time that you are required to add your client, but here are a few suggestions.
- Add your client from day 1 when you start to build an Estimate for them. This will open up communication with your client on CoConstruct and allow your client to see the full process while you’re building what will be included and what options they will get to choose from. This is great for those really involved clients that ask you tons of questions before you’ve had the opportunity to get your initial Estimate together.
- Add your client once you’ve completed your initial Estimate. This allows you to be comfortable with what you’re sharing before adding your client into the communication within CoConstruct. You can still use this as a sales tool since you could use this to introduce your business process and how you’re better than your competitors because your clients will always have access to their information and can reach you at all hours and know that you will see their communication and respond as soon as you can.
- Add your client once you’ve sold the job. Once you’ve got a signed contract and everything is ready in CoConstruct, your client is ready to go and start making their decisions and communicating while construction is underway.
- You can even add your clients to past projects where you’re managing their Warranty phase. Warranty projects are unlimited as are Prospects so even if you don’t have the details of the job, you can still create a place to work with your past clients and keep up with any requests they may have.
How do you add your clients?
- Go to the Setup page of the project you want to add your client to
- Click “Add Client”
If they are already in your Contacts choose existing and start typing their name (must type at least 3 letters).
If new choose “New Contact” and enter all of their information
Select whether you'd like them to have login access or just receive email notifications from the system.
- If you're giving login access to your clients, setup how you wish for them to get alerts from the system. Instant alerts will be any comments, messages, decisions made by builders or other clients, and change orders. The summary emails are a great way to keep your client on track of everything that has been updated, upcoming and overdue either daily or weekly.
- Send a message – Once you add your client, you can immediately send them a message to introduce them to your online software. We have some suggested text, but add your own and save it for your next client.