There are any number of different reasons you may need to create a variance for a prior purchase order that was released and accepted.
Whether the scope of work changed, estimates were off, or any other reason you can think of, you can manage all of that in a variance purchase order.
To create a variance purchase order
- Go to the Purchase Orders list.
- Click the "..." icon next to the original purchase order.
- Select "Create Variance"
- On the variance purchase order, in addition to all of the normal purchase order information, you will be specifying a variance code to explain the reason for the variance. Select this variance code for each line item.
Customizing the variance codes in your account
An admin user can customize the default list of variance codes in your CoConstruct account by doing the following:
- Go to Settings > Accounting > PO Variance Codes
- Adjust any of the codes on the list to your liking