Once your accounting software is linked to CoConstruct, you can set the system to automatically look for payments on that invoice so that you can avoid questions from your clients about things like "how much have I paid?" With synced payment information, your clients and your team will all be on the same page.
This video shows you how to effortlessly pull in payment information on a project to your Financials Summary. Feel free to follow along with the step-by-step written directions as well.
- If you're an admin user on CoConstruct, you can configure the system to pull in all of the payments on a project to the "Payment Summary" section of a project's Financial Summary.
- New Projects: When adding new projects, select to "Show optional settings" and use the Integration section to sync. When you link the project to your accounting system, you can check the box for "Client Payments".
- Existing Project: Simply head to the Project Setup page to link payments.
- Account Default: Pull in payments by default from your Accounting Settings so that any project linked with QuickBooks automatically pulls in payments once connected to the customer/customer:job.
- In order to avoid duplicate entry and keep your payment information straight between CoConstruct and your accounting system, when you set a project to retrieve customer payments, you won't be able to manually add or edit payment information on the Financials Summary.
- If you've already entered payment information on an existing project, that information will be removed and replaced with the payment information from the synced data in your accounting system.
- If you're using QuickBooks Desktop, remember to use the QuickBooks Web Connector to sync your data so that your payments will appear in CoConstruct.