Trade Partners are given web access (the ability to view CoConstruct online) from their Trade Partner record (Contacts > Trade Partners > Click on a name). When you add a trade partner with web access, they are sent an invitation and will need to register to access the system.
Note: when you grant Web Access to a partner, they will receive an invitation email within 15 minutes to log into CoConstruct. One of the first things they will see will be the Trade Partner introduction video.
- How to add trade partners to a project (2 ways):
- From the Trade Partner list (Contacts > Trade Partners), use the checkboxes to select the trade partner(s) and click the "Add to Project" button
- When on the project's Setup page, you'll have a section that outlines "Trade Partner Access." Select the trade partners who will need access to this project.
- How to notify trade partners about items:
- You can notify trade partners about relevant specifications or selections by posting comments to the item on CoConstruct. Add them to the entire comment thread by selecting them from the drop down under Trade Partners or use @mentions to add them only to specific comments.
- You can also assign to-dos, schedule tasks, and warranty requests to your subs and vendors, and communicate on those items through the unique comments pages.
- You can create purchase orders for your trade partner to lay out specific scope of work for their items and communicate privately about that work or pricing.
- How to notify trade partners about upcoming, scheduled work
- Assign the trade partner to a schedule task
- Publish the schedule
- A notification will be sent to trade partner as the task approaches based on your Schedule Settings
- Your trade partner can confirm the task directly from their email notification, or you as the builder can confirm the task for them)
Relevant articles in the Knowledge Base: