Trade Partners are given web access (the ability to view CoConstruct online) from their Trade Partner record (Contacts > Trade Partners > Click on a name). When you add a trade partner with web access, they are sent an invitation and will need to register to access the system.
Note: when you grant Web Access to a partner, they will receive an invitation email within 15 minutes to log into CoConstruct. One of the first things they will see will be the Trade Partner introduction video.
- How to add trade partners to a project (2 ways):
- From the Trade Partner list (Contacts > Trade Partners), use the checkboxes to select the trade partner(s) and click the "Add to Project" button
- When on the project's Setup page, you'll have a section that outlines "Trade Partner Access." Select the trade partners who will need access to this project.
- How to notify trade partners about items:
- You can notify trade partners about relevant specifications or selections by posting comments to the item on CoConstruct.
- You can also assign to-dos, schedule tasks, and warranty requests to your subs and vendors, and communicate on those items through the unique comments pages.
- You can create purchase orders for your trade partner to lay out specific scope of work for their items and communicate privately about that work or pricing.
- How to notify trade partners about upcoming, scheduled work
- Assign the trade partner to a schedule task
- Publish the schedule
- A notification will be sent to trade partner as the task approaches based on your Schedule Settings
- Your trade partner can confirm the task directly from their email notification, or you as the builder can confirm the task for them)
Relevant articles in the Knowledge Base: