CoConstruct lets you maintain a library of your specs & selections within your selection templates, and it's an easy process for getting those template selection items copied down to a particular project.
You can start from your project's Selections page with the "Copy items from template" option at the top of the page.
On projects where you're tracking the budget, you can also begin this process from the "Estimate" tab in the Financials page, since your projects financials are so closely connected to your specs & selections.
Once you are at the "Copy from Template" prompt, simply follow these steps:
- Select the template from which you want to copy items.
- Select and deselect any of the items from that template that you would like to add to your project.
- You can even create copies of particular items by changing the dropdown on the left of each item. An example of when this could come in handy would be for creating four copies of a "Bathroom tiles" selection, which you will later tweak for the four different bathrooms in the project.
- If you're tracking the budget, copying these items will also help to build your estimate, so you'll also see options specific to your project's financials.
- When you're ready, click the green button at the bottom to proceed with the copy.
Reconciling "Requested By" dates
To help keep your clients on track, we recommend you set a "requested by" date for all of your choice selections. This date may be a fixed date on the calendar or tied to a milestone on your schedule.
If you had set up "requested by" milestones on your templates, those will be used when possible during the copying process. However, if your template didn't have a milestone set up for the due date, or if a milestone doesn't exist on your project's schedule, the item will be copied down with no deadline set.
To go back and reassign the deadlines for your selection sheet, head to the Specs & Selections page and click "Change deadlines" in the top right.