There are two ways to create a Choice item on your Specs & Selections page.
A) Create your own Choice Item.
- Click on the "New” link at the top left the Specs & Selections page > choose "Selection".
- Enter the item name and select the category.
- Use the "Requested By" section to enter a deadline for your clients to make the decision by - whether tied to a schedule Milestone or a hard date.
- Fill out any necessary information in the specifications, client, and partner information boxes.
- If there was any budgeted amount for a standard option or allowance in your original proposal price, enter that information in the "Original Budget". If this choice is something not included in the original proposal, leave this at $0.
- Choose either the Predefined or Open-ended selection tab and populate as needed.
- Select whether or not you want to give your clients an option to decline a selection item. More info.
- If setting up a Predefined Choice, enter the corresponding option descriptions and pricing. For an Open-Ended choice, you can enter the client price if available or select "Show as TBD" to update after the selection is made.
- Upload any relevant files or photos to the selection using the "Add files" button.
- Click on the “Add Item” button at the bottom to save and add your choice item to your project.
B) Copy a Choice Item from the Spec/Selection Template.
- Click on the "New" button at the top left of the Specs & Selections page > choose "Copy from Spec/Selection Template"
- Select the Template and then which items you would like to add to the project by checking the boxes next to the items
- Click on the “Copy items to project” button to finalize copying the choice items to the specs & selections.
- Use the "Edit" link at the top right of each item to edit any details or cost information for this specific project.